I obtained my PhD (2009 - 2011) in Artificial Intelligence & Computational Linguistics from the Middlesex University, London, under Dr.Christian Huyck.
My thesis—“A Neurocomputational Approach to Prepositional Phrase Attachment Ambiguity Resolution”—dealt with the dynamics of associative memories modeled in in neural Cell Assemblies. The work involved creating Cell Assembly models investigating natural language processing, simulated vision, spatial cognitive mapping, queriable hierarchical memories, self-learning agents and more.
I currently hold a research fellowship at the Middlesex university, and continue to pursue research independently and very sporadically.
- 2012 Kailash Nadh, Christian R. Huyck (2012). A Neurocomputational Approach to Prepositional Phrase Attachment Ambiguity Resolution. Neural Computation 24(7): 1906-1925. [link]
- 2011 Kailash Nadh (2011). Modelling Emergent Phenomena in Associative Memory with Neural Cell Assemblies (PhD thesis). Middlesex University, London.
- 2011 Huyck, C. R., Belavkin, R., Jamshed, F., Nadh, K., Passmore, P., Byrne, E., and Diaper, D. CABot3 (2011). A simulated neural games agent. Learnt Novelty with Overlapping Neural Cell Assemblies. CABot3: A simulated neural games agent. In Proceedings of the International Joint Conferences on Artificial Intelligence, Barcelona, Spain. [pdf]
- 2010 Kailash Nadh (2010). Learnt Novelty with Overlapping Neural Cell Assemblies. In: York Doctoral Symposium on Computing, 11-04-2010, York. (Microsoft Best AI Paper award; YDS Best Presentation Award)
- 2010 Kailash Nadh, Christian R. Huyck (2010). A Pong playing agent modelled with massively overlapping cell assemblies, Neurocomputing, Volume 73, Issues 16-18, Pages 2928-2934. [link]
- 2009 Christian R. Huyck and Kailash Nadh (2009). Multi-associative memory in fLIF cell assemblies. In A. Howes, D. Peebles, R. Cooper (Eds.), 9th International Conference on Cognitive Modeling – ICCM2009, Manchester, UK. [pdf]
2009 Kailash Nadh and Christian R. Huyck. Prepositonal phrase attachment ambiguity resolution using semantic hierarchies.
In proceedings of the The Ninth IASTED International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Applications,
Innsbruck, February 2009. IASTED, Acta Press. [pdf]
- A human readable, parse-ready Malayalam-Malayalam dictionary with over 83,000 words and 160,000 definitions
- An algorithm for generating phonetic hashes for Malayalam words, like Metaphone for English (Python, PHP)
LaTeX thesis templatea) All files (.tex, .sty, .bib) zipped
b) Two column thesis preview (pdf)
c) One column thesis preview (pdf)
- 548 notorious '419 phishing scam' emails (stripped of headers). Useful for training Bayesian spam filters.
- Ruby code